This Sunday I have the privilege of hosting a Worship Arts Overview Reception at our newest Journey campus here in South Florida.
If you are familiar with the How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day resource, you know that the Worship Arts Reception is one of the KEY STRATEGIES that I use to involve new people in ministry on our Worship Arts Team.
It’s basically a short, 30-minute party that I host twice a year after the service and invite people who are interested in serving on the Worship Arts Team to attend.
Sounds easy, right . . . that’s because it is 🙂
But it’s also powerful!
In fact I’ve found that nearly 50% of the people who sign up for our big day of auditions do so at a Worship Arts Overview Reception.
I’ve hosted these types of receptions dozens of times before at our New York City campuses. But this one was special . . .
You see our Worship Arts Team at our new campus in Boca Raton, FL is only about one year old. And one year ago, I hosted our very first Worship Arts Team Reception.
Back then, our Worship Arts Team here in Boca was only has about 20 people (compared to the over 200 who serve on the teams that we’ve built in our New York City campuses).
But over the last year, something special has happened. Through the Worship Arts Overview Reception and our Big Day of Auditions our team has more than doubled in the last year.
AND – this Sunday we’ll have another 25+ people who are NOT currently serving on our Worship Arts Team attended this reception.
Through one easy-to-lead event, I will be able to help these 25 people get involved in life-changing ministry and our team will have TRIPLED in volunteers from just one year ago.
And it all happened simply because I did something this week to help my team grow.
So – here’s my question for you . . . what are you doing this week to empower talented people in your church to get off the sidelines and get involved with your Worship Arts ministry?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Put a Worship Team interest check-box on your connection card
- Host a Worship Arts Reception
- Actively try to meet people after the service (that’s right – this is one of the EASIEST ways to get new people involved).
- Put a flyer in the program or an announcement slide on the screen
- Decide to hold a BIG day of auditions next month
- Call that person that you heard was a Graphic Designer but haven’t followed up with yet
- Email your team and ask them who they know that should be serving on the team
Whatever you decide, DO SOMETHING THIS WEEK to involve people in life-changing ministry on your Worship Arts Team.
When you do, you help people not only use their gifts but also grow in their faith and live out part of their life-mission in your church.
Your partner in ministry,
PS – Did you know that you gain full access to the EXACT strategy that we use at The Journey that has produced 10 years of exponential growth and health on our team, grown our NYC team from 2 people to over 200 volunteers, doubled our South Florida team in the last 12 months, and created a culture of healthy discipleship growth as well as team growth?
It’s available in How to Double Your Worship Team in a Day resource.
- How to exponentially grow the number of people serving on your worship team and ensure that you’re never short on volunteers again!
- How to create a thriving auditions strategy that honors God and empowers volunteers to serve in their area of greatest gifting.
- 5 foundations of an Effective Audition Strategy that you MUST have in order to maximize your team.
- How to develop seasons for your team so that current members are never “burned out” and new members are always joining.
- How to plan, promote, execute and follow-up on a BIG day of auditions
- How to capture over 40% of your audition sign-ups through a 30 minute pre-audition reception.
- How to lead an actual audition, including what to say and do during the audition.
- Actual scripts for how to follow-up with those who have auditioned.
- How to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry.
- How to deepen the commitment of your worship team to Christ, the church and the team through an easy to navigate leadership development process.
- And much more!
You also receive includes more than 65 additional resource files, including:
- a 45-page fill-in-the-blank printable notebook
- Audition applications for Band, Dance, Design, Drama, Media/Production, Vocal and Creative Writing teams
- Actual audition follow-up phone call scripts used at The Journey, including how to say “No” to someone who auditions in a way that connects them to another area of your worship ministry
- Actual emails used to promote auditions to the entire church database, welcome new team members and more
- Editable Photoshop files for flyers, information cards, and PowerPoint slides
- Orientation notebook and BONUS 2-hour mp3 of Jason teaching Orientation to new team members.
Plus much more!
Secure your 3-CD set here:
Download your copy here and save $30.00: